Lair of the Deep Crows

Posted by Jer at 5:40 AM on Thursday, October 11, 2007

Okay, so remember that missile silo that was on sale at eBay the other week? Penny Arcade put a strip up about it yesterday. I saw it yesterday and was going to blog about it, but they didn't have a permalink up to the strip when I saw it. Paul forwarded me a link this morning, though, so I guess they put up the permalink last night. Thanks Paul!

Anyway - I love this strip. Penny Arcade is a hit-or-miss strip for me. Sometimes they're really funny, sometimes they're kinda funny, sometimes they're just mean, and sometimes I just scratch my head and wonder what planet they might be from. This is one of the funny ones. There's just something about unleashing unspeakable evil from beneath the earth that warms my heart. Plus - "Deep Crow" is an awesome name for a D&D monster. I'm surprised we don't already have one in one of the monster manuals.

I'm definitely thinking about turning that map into an adventure location of some kind. Now I want to put some Deep Crows and maybe some Magmamen into it (Magmamen are ALWAYS cooler than "Stalagmen" - seriously). Maybe it could be a location for that pulp time travel game I was speaking of earlier.

Labels: , , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home