Anyone have a few bucks they could loan me?

Posted by Jer at 9:45 AM on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

How could anyone pass up an offer like THIS?

I mean, look at that map! Two underground rooms that could make for great gaming rooms. Three silos that could hold, I don't know, corn or something. Tunnels all over the place - it's like a wonderland of Cold War era nightmares all wrapped up for one low price. I mean really, how can they let this get away from them for only $1.5 million?

Seriously though - who would buy something like this? The seller even says that if you want to make the place livable you'd have to invest a few million into it. Could you make that back turning it into a "museum"? I doubt it - people don't spend that much on museums. I guess you could build a "Cold War Theme Park" on top of it and turn it into part of an amusement park, but that would cost a lot more. And it's out in the middle of nowhere - good for a missile base, bad for a theme park.

Anyone have any good adventure ideas for this place? I could see using the map for a Gamma World scenario - live missiles in the silos giving off radiation, mutated creatures roaming the tunnels, a disoriented AI in the Control Room that thinks its God - but what else? Maybe a sci-fi zombie fest? A modern covert-ops infiltration setup? Any other ideas?

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home